Step parent in one family file, "spouse of father" in another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step parent in one family file, "spouse of father" in another

I have objected to this for several years - when a person is designated as a Source for all other relationships, the other spouses of parents and grandparents show up as "stepfather/stepmother/etc." I just started a new family file, and in that one, the other spouses are showing up as "spouse of father." I want to have this latter designation on the first family file - in other words, no "step" parents. I have just read the manual - it states that direct line ancestors' other spouses should show up as "step-whatever." However, I am looking at a case in which this is not true. The direct line ancestors' other spouses are labeled "spouse of father."
    Is this something I can change in my older database? Thank you.

The relationship terminology in Reunion is governed by the order of the spouses in relation to the blood relative. For example, any spouse of your father's before your mother (as set in the Edit Spouses dialog) is labeled Spouse of Father. Any spouse of your father's after your mother was your step relative [i.e., family relation established through a subsequent marriage of your parent] and is labeled Step Mother.

Comment

lmarker, were you able to fix the 'step' problem? I posted a similar issue myself.

Comment

Working...
      X