Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descendants of...

Hello,

Just wondering if when making an Hourglass Descendants of a person is it possible to make the book use multiple lines at once instead of just one direct line?

For example, let's say I, myself, am 5th generation in a family. Would it be possible to do the ancestors of myself using all my grandparents and their grandparents?

Instead I have been making multiple books for each different line. There can be some overlap doing this, especially when new spouses (and/or cousins) come into the picture, in say third generation. I start at each of the oldest relatives I have for each branch of my family and then do "Descendants of." However, if I want to make this into one book I need to merge them all using a PDF editor. This can be quite time consuming and is extremely sensitive.

I will need to be including all older relatives.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried using the Relative format instead of the Hourglass format? It sounds like you want to include aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc., which can be done in the Relative format.

The Hourglass format is specifically designed to show the direct ancestors and descendants of a selected person -- it's meant to be direct lines back and forward. Including other lines would result in a report that is technically no longer an Hourglass report - it would be closer to a Relative report.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish, however.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X