Reunion 12 reports in Word 2019 on Mojave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 12 reports in Word 2019 on Mojave

I tried to open a Family Group Sheet, chose Word in the dropdown menu....but no report ...anywhere on my computer. I was able to print the report. I have an MacBook, Mojave and recently installed MS Word 2019 as the old version would not work on Mojave any longer.. Anyone having this problem, or better yet, know the solution?
    Bonnie Samuel
    Research: Samuel, Gillan, Roper, McClure, Samuell, Windfuhr, Windgassen in NC, KY, IL, KS, Ireland, Germany.

Do all apps in Office 2019 work without Reunion? Isn't Office 2019 cloud only? At least it's subscription only.
    I have Office 2016, and use it with Reunion all the time.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by BL Samuel View Post
      I tried to open a Family Group Sheet, chose Word in the dropdown menu....but no report ...anywhere on my computer.
      This is usually the result of Reunion being configured to use the old version of Word. Open a family file, then go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Reports, Word Processor

And select "Other..." from the menu found there, then locate and select your current version of Word. If the problem persists, let us know.

Thanks,
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you, Mark - that worked perfectly! Like your hat too.
        Bonnie Samuel
        Research: Samuel, Gillan, Roper, McClure, Samuell, Windfuhr, Windgassen in NC, KY, IL, KS, Ireland, Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by BL Samuel View Post
          ...that worked perfectly!
          Glad to hear it

Like your hat too.
          Thanks!
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

A clarification...There is an Office 2019 available that is not subscription - I have it on my iMac.

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
              Do all apps in Office 2019 work without Reunion? Isn't Office 2019 cloud only? At least it's subscription only.
              I have Office 2016, and use it with Reunion all the time.
              Recently bought 2019 because Word 2008 got busted with the install of Mojave. I think I got my money's worth. Anyway, 2019 is an outright purchase and is local to your Mac. The subscription version is named Office 365. As I recall, Office 2019 (not Pro) was listed as $149 and I found it at a very famous retailer for $129. The 365 Personal is $7 per month (single install) and 365 Home is $10 per month (up to six installs). (Cost info at https://products.office.com/en-us/co...ab%3aprimaryr1)
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Aldrich View Post
                A clarification...There is an Office 2019 available that is not subscription - I have it on my iMac.
                Yes, that's what I installed. I'm sure in time, I will get used to all the bells and whistles--thanks
                Bonnie Samuel

Comment

Anybody know if Office for Mac 2011 will work on Mojave? I bought a new machine and haven't even opened the box yet. Want to try everything possible to stick with a version (of Word at least) that has the classic interface, toolbars & ribbons, etc. since I've had to work with the "new" version at our historical library and hate everything they've done to it. I have no interest in spending time to learn a new interface.

Comment

A couple of friends have told me 2011 is still working OK on their Macs with Mojave. Actually, 2008 mostly works except for one very important part: Due to the file structure changes on the Apple side, it will no longer save a document. No auto save no final save. That makes it a brick.

The good news is that the interface has been simplified compared to most of the in between versions. I mostly use Pages but need Word for several things where I'm working with other people cross platform. So I squeeze the app until I absolutely have to spend $ for a newer version.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                      The good news is that the interface has been simplified compared to most of the in between versions. I mostly use Pages but need Word for several things where I'm working with other people cross platform. So I squeeze the app until I absolutely have to spend $ for a newer version.
                      Bob, thanks for the info about 2011. In your second paragraph quoted above, which version are you referring to when you say, "the interface has been simplified compared to most of the in between versions" ??

Thanks in advance. :-)

Comment

The interface was pretty straightforward back in Versions 5 and 6. Then MS started playing with ribbons and oversized buttons and generally making an inefficient mess. Version 5's interface was my all time favorite. Lean and mean with everything right where it ought to be. Didn't care for anything between Version 7 and Version 2016. It's even worse on the Windows version.

Comment

Bob, that's really interesting, thanks! I think you are saying you think 2016 is cleaner and easier to use than previous versions.

Do you know if 2019 Word for Mac, on Office 365, looks the same as the Windows version, or if it's not as bad? I can't stand the Windows versions that I've had to use at the library where I volunteer, but that's my only frame of reference.

If anyone reading this has Word for Mac on Office 365 and can attach a couple screen shots of the ribbons or other type of toolbars, I'd be grateful, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Freas Rogers View Post
                            Bob, that's really interesting, thanks! I think you are saying you think 2016 is cleaner and easier to use........Do you know if 2019 Word for Mac, on Office 365, looks the same as the Windows version, or if it's not as bad?.........
                            Said 2019 version... Don't know about the 365 or current single buy Windows version. My wife's Dell laptop has a version that was released circa 2015 or 2016. My 2019 on the Mac looks very different; hers still has all the "look all over the ranch" for buttons inside ribbons and I find it frustrating to use that way. There's little logic in their organization -- in my estimation.

Comment

Working...
                            X