Find persons with no relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find persons with no relationship

Is there a way to find persons in my file who have no relationship to me, for example, parents of a spouse of a related person.
    Sara Bradley Mason
    kywiaz at gmail dot com

Use the Person Menu button on your card to Find Relatives. This sets you as the source and identifies your relatives (search for Find Relatives in the manual to see the who, what, and why about relatives). Then, use Find - Condition - Attributes - Relationship is [leave the value field blank] to list the people "unrelated" to you.

Comment

Thanks - "leave blank" is what I wasn't doing.
      Sara Bradley Mason
      kywiaz at gmail dot com

Comment

Hope this isn't a repeat. I ran the report as suggested above and see several hundred folks who, if the report does list all 'unrelated' folks, are not related to me. Do you advocate removing all those from your files? I did note a number of names I recognize that I had added as 'an unrelated individual' because of some data that makes me believe there is some relationship to explore later. Just curious because I see lots of folks in my file that I cannot find a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by A Ginn View Post
          Use the Person Menu button on your card to Find Relatives. This sets you as the source and identifies your relatives (search for Find Relatives in the manual to see the who, what, and why about relatives). Then, use Find - Condition - Attributes - Relationship is [leave the value field blank] to list the people "unrelated" to you.
          I am trying to do what you suggest but I am hopelessly lost. Can you make it any clearer for me?
          Thanks
          Kevan
          Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
          Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Working...
          X