Family of wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family of wife

Mr. W. Smith marries Mrs. A. Jones. I would like to create a chart of ancestors of both spouses, in the same chart. I can create the ancestor charts of each of them, separately, and then join them in Photoshop, but maybe there is a better way in Reunion 12?
    Many thanks

Please read up on charts in the Help section. Several of Reunion's charts show both sides. Or it is possible that your question needs clarification. Bottom line is that there is no need to use another piece of software.

Added note: Do you have separate files for you and the wife? Best practice is to have only one chart. You can find many threads here on that subject>
    Last edited by Bob White; 19 April 2019, 11:24 AM. Reason: Added question about separate files.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

If you navigate to a child of that couple, you can then create an ancestral chart that will include all ancestors of both spouses for as many generations as you specify. If they don't have any children, you can create a "temporary child" in order to create the desired style of ancestral chart.

Comment

Many thanks to all that responded.
        To Bob White: I can't clarify the question any more. A couple, and all their ancestors, however many generations I choose, all in one chart. For what edohmann writes, it seems that there is a way to do it, even for the case (as is mine) that the couple have no offsprings. I had not thought of creating a "temporary child".
        Again, many thanks to you both.

Comment

Working...
        X