DNA links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA links

In a web article on new features in Reunion 12 I have read that people can be marked with tags if they have a DNA link with an individual but I cannot see how this is done. Can anyone give any guidance please?

Originally posted by mikekillingley View Post
    In a web article on new features in Reunion 12 I have read that people can be marked with tags if they have a DNA link with an individual but I cannot see how this is done. Can anyone give any guidance please?
    There are a couple ways to interpret your question: do you want to assign color tags to people in a Y-DNA or mtDNA line? Or, do you want to assign a color tag to those who have come back as possible hits after submitting your DNA to a DNA site?

1. To assign a color tag for those in your Y-DNA (male descendant line) or mtDNA (female descendant line) you would begin at your family view. Then, choose Change > Color Tags...

Change > Color Tags.png

Next, select a color for a tag and to whom you want that tag to be applied...

Edit Color Tag.png

2. If you submitted your DNA to a DNA site and are getting "hits," you could "assign" a "flag" to each person with a possible DNA link. (This can be done by marking the appropriate person or people in your family file. Then, you would use the Change > Set Flags panel to create a new flag, perhaps called "Possible DNA Link," for that marked person or people). Next, in the Change > Color Tags panel, select a "color tag" for that "Possible DNA Link" flag.

Additional information about this process can be found in your manual by searching for "assign flag." Note: the section "Using Flags with Tags" covers how to create a new flag for the marked person or people and in assigning a color tag to that flag.

I hope you find this information helpful. However, let us know if you were wanting to do something else.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Has the issue with marking female descendants been fixed? It only marked females which makes it somewhat useless for marking mitochondrial DNA bearers (men at the end of the line should be flagged as they received the mitochondrial DNA from their mother but do not pass it down).
      Benoit Bousquet
      Reunion 14

Comment

Originally posted by bbousquet View Post
        It only marked females which makes it somewhat useless for marking mitochondrial DNA bearers (men at the end of the line should be flagged as they received the mitochondrial DNA from their mother but do not pass it down).
        This is the first time this has been brought to our attention - we will look into it. In the future, if you find something like this, please send us an email (help@leisterpro.com).

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Deb - that's helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            This is the first time this has been brought to our attention - we will look into it. In the future, if you find something like this, please send us an email (help@leisterpro.com).

Thanks,
            Apologies. I do not use Reunion right now but am following its evolution and this is something I noticed when I tried out Reunion 12 a few months back. I should have reported it then.
            Benoit Bousquet
            Reunion 14

Comment

Working...
            X