Can't find person in search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find person in search

I have several individuals who simply don't show up in a search on my Mac, even if they are the card chosen in Family view, but they do show up on my iPad.

Equally, there are a number of people who don't show up, but their spouse does even though the person being searched for is not mentioned even in the Notes field of the spouse.

Cheers, Colin

Try rebuilding cache files. This can be done by choosing File -> Rebuild Cache Files and clicking Rebuild.

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks Deb, as usual. Fixed it for me.

It would be great, also, if there was an 'idiot trap' so you could search for people by their married name when having a senior moment!

Cheers, Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colinc View Post
        Thanks Deb, as usual. Fixed it for me.

It would be great, also, if there was an 'idiot trap' so you could search for people by their married name when having a senior moment!

Cheers, Colin
        Reunion does have a way to search for people by married name. To do so, enter a dash before the surname...

For example: -Clinton, Hilary

I hope this is helpful
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          Reunion does have a way to search for people by married name. To do so, enter a dash before the surname...

For example: -Clinton, Hilary

I hope this is helpful
          Deb

This works for the most recent marriage, but apparently not for a former married name (where the woman has married more than once) ??

Peter
          Peter Cook
          Rossmoyne, Western Australia
          OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Cook View Post

Deb

This works for the most recent marriage, but apparently not for a former married name (where the woman has married more than once) ??

Peter
            That's correct. The manual says...
            "If a female has multiple spouses, the "married name" will be the surname of her last husband."

Additional information about married names and how Reunion determines/handles them can be found in the manual by searching for "married name." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of the Reunion window.
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X