Nervous about upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous about upgrading

I have Reunion 9 and have always saved copies regularly. I have Mojave 10.14 and want to upgrade to Reunion 12. I'm nervous about doing it, fearful that something will go wrong and I'll lose my data, etc. Any precautions, words of advice, recommendations? Also, is there a new version coming out that I should wait for?

Have no fears! IF, big IF, something goes wrong, you'll still have your Reunion 9 files!.
    If your Mac can handle Mojave, so can Reunion.

No one can say when a new Reunion will come out. I seem to remember, from some time ago, that if Reunion comes out shortly after you buy a new version, Reunion will upgrade free. I MAY be wrong.
    Last edited by SGilbert; 03 April 2019, 08:58 AM.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by cii1072 View Post
      I'm nervous about doing it, fearful that something will go wrong and I'll lose my data, etc.
      As SGilbert said, when you upgrade your Reunion 9 family file will remain intact - unchanged. The upgrade process creates a new family file and transfers your data from your existing family file to the new file. If any problems occur, you'll still have the original file with all it's data. In the very unlikely event that data is lost, you'll still have the Reunion 9 file, unchanged.

Also, is there a new version coming out that I should wait for?
      We're always working on the next version of Reunion, but historically we release new versions every 3-4 years (give or take). Reunion 12 was released in November of 2017. Also, as mentioned, we have generally given free upgrades to those who purchased Reunion within a few months of an upgrade being released (e.g. if you purchased Reunion 11 in the summer of 2017, you would have been eligible for a free upgrade to 12).

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X