Report layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report layout

I am trying to produce a report of those persons married at a specific venue, over the last 100 years. I wish to show who they were, and when they married, and possibloy who married them. How do I produce a report to show this, in Word format.

Thanks

The procedure will vary depending upon where you have stored the information about the venue and the officiant. In this example I have the venue's city in the marriage place, its name in the marriage memo, and the officiant is also in the marriage memo:

1) Unmark everyone first using Mark - Action Unmark - Who Everyone in this family file;
    2) Find the relevant people using Find - Conditions - whatever you want, such as: Marriage Place contains Dundee AND Marriage Memo Contains Wesleyan Methodist Church AND Marriage Date After 1919;
    3) Mark the found people by using the green checkmark column in the Results list;
    4) Display the list using Lists - Results - Marked People;
    5) Add any fields (columns) you need to the list - I needed to add marriage date, place, and memo;
    6) Click the Share button to generate the .rtf file and open it in your preferred word processor. With Word you may only see some of the columns until you adjust the page setup and/or the column widths. Actually, depending upon its size, it may be easier to read and work with the report if you save it as a Plain Text File (hold the Option Key while clicking the Share button) and then open the file as a spreadsheet with Numbers or Excel.

Comment

Many thanks for that

Comment

Working...
      X