Adding "extra" images to a Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding "extra" images to a Book

I would like to add extra images to my Book.
    As far as I can see, when you do this, the image sits on the top of the text - and that's what it says in the manual, so it's doing what it's supposed to

Is there a way I can add extra images - for example family group photo's or photo's of a place - in such a way that the text wraps around them, and so that I can choose where in the Book the images sit (i.e. move them around)?
    Or do I need to export the report to Word or other word processor in order to have that kind of flexibility?
    Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
    Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
    Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
    (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Originally posted by Teresa C View Post
    ...Or do I need to export the report to Word or other word processor in order to have that kind of flexibility?
    Yes. With a quick Google search, I found several PDF to Word converters, some of which were free. You could try using one of them to convert your book report into a Word document. And, from there, you should be able to do what you are wanting.

A possible alternative would be to select the appropriate style of report (other than the Book-style report) and have it open directly in Word.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi, Deb. I have the same question as posted by Teresa. Can you please post some supplemental instructions for managing text and photos on pages added to a Book project? This has come up in our local Reunion Users Group and it seems to be a problem several of us are having. Using a converter to go back to Word seems pointless since the Book program is itself a PDF editor in its ability to add/delete pages. Thank you!

Brent

Comment

Originally posted by B Banta View Post
        I have the same question as posted by Teresa. Can you please post some supplemental instructions for managing text and photos on pages added to a Book project?...Using a converter to go back to Word seems pointless since the Book program is itself a PDF editor in its ability to add/delete pages.
        While pages can be added/deleted and text/image "objects" can be added/deleted from those pages, I recommended what I did because Teresa C was wanting the text to "wrap around images" being added to pages in a book. Due to the nature of PDF files, this cannot be done in any PDF editor (to my knowledge) or in Reunion's Book Project window.

I.e., after Reunion creates a book project, newly added images and text can be dragged around on that page, and be moved in front of (or behind) existing images or text. However, existing text/images will not wrap around them.

If this does not address your concern, please be more specific about where you were wanting to place the text or images being added to pages of a book project and/or how you were wanting Reunion to behave when adding the text or photos to a page.
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

My approach to this is to simply write additional sections for my book in Word, such as Family Stories, Family Group Photos, etc. Once those sections are created with whatever text & photo layouts I want, then I save them as PDF files and drag them into the overall book project wherever I want them. Reunion will automatically apply page numbers to those sections and include those sections in the overall Table of Contents for the book.

Comment

Working...
          X