Help on creating Descendant chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on creating Descendant chart

I have direct line bolded, however, when I go to Charts -> Descendant, the Prune options are grayed out so I am unable to check the box for Bold children only nor the box for Marked descendants only.

Is there an option I am missing to allow the Prune selections?

The only thing that comes to mind that would disable the prune options would be if you move to the charts pane from the family view of a person/couple with no descendants. Is there any chance this is the situation?
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Ensuring that the "Who" source person has descendants is the logical first step, then I would verify the marked and bold status of that person's children. I think the determining factor for enabling the filters is whether Reunion sees at least one child with the corresponding attribute. Even if the source person selected in the "Who" has children, you can prune for marked descendants only if at least one child is marked, and likewise for bold. This prevents setting filters that would disqualify all the children in the second generation and effectively block the chart.

Alan
      Last edited by A Ginn; 23 March 2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Yes, Alan has it right that Reunion is smart enough to disable the prune option when the prune criteria can't be properly met.
        Last edited by ttl; 24 March 2019, 12:10 AM.
        Tim Lundin

Comment

I go to a person born in the late 1700's and marked all of his descendants and noted that he has 2 children bolded. I went to the Charts -> Descendants and the Prune option is still grayed out. Next, I went to one of his bolded children and noticed the Prune was grayed out there as well.

Comment

I apologize for the basic questions, but have the two children been bolded because you made their direct lines bold, or are they bolded because they have children?
            Tim Lundin

Comment

They are bolded because I started with myself and went to Change -> Direct Lines Bold to make children bold for direct line ancestors of myself.

Comment

Just a thought; if you are Changing Direct Lines Bold backward from person X, going to X's ancestor Y and Marking descendants of Y going forward, and then creating a descendant chart for person Y while pruning for marked and bold, I think you can accomplish the same thing by simply using Find Relationship Between Two People X and Y and then clicking Create Chart. This also works when there are multiple relationships as you indicated exist in your line.

That doesn't answer the question of why the pruning options are disabled, however. Do you get any matches if you do a Find for
                [Attributes] Appears as Bold Child Equal 1 AND [Attributes] Person Marked = Yes

Comment

If you’d like me to take a look at it, you can send your family file to me as an email attachment to charts (at) familygraphics (period) com. Otherwise, it might be time to call the leisterpro help desk.
                  Tim Lundin

Comment

When I do the Find for Bold Child and Person Marked, I am not getting a match even though they are bolded and marked.

Comment

Working...
                    X