Copying one family to another family file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying one family to another family file

I have two family files one for my McCutchan family and one for all other McCutchan, en, eon families, I found a family in the McCutchan file that needs to be removed and relocated to the other general McCutcheon file. Is this possible?

Originally posted by Gerald Wright View Post
    I have two family files one for my McCutchan family and one for all other McCutchan, en, eon families, I found a family in the McCutchan file that needs to be removed and relocated to the other general McCutcheon file. Is this possible?
    Yes. This would be a three step process: mark the people you want to transfer and (later) remove, open the general McCutchan file and import those marked records, and (finally) delete the records from "your" McCutchan file.

To mark a group of people in "your" McCutchan file, open it to the family view of the source person in that portion of family. Then, choose Mark in the navbar on the left. Next, select the appropriate options in the Mark Group panel. (Note: be sure to select the option to "Unmark everybody first.") Finally, click Mark at the bottom. Information about how to use the Mark Groups panel can be found in your manual by searching for "mark groups." To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of the Reunion window while the mark groups panel is open.

To import those marked records into the general McCutchan file, close "your" McCutchan file and open the general McCutchan file. Then, choose File -> Import -> Reunion Family File. When you see the window prompting you to select a family file to import, use that window to select "your" McCutchan file and click Open. Then, in the import window, select the option to import Marked people, cited sources and multimedia links. Finally, click Import at the bottom. Additional information about importing a Reunion family file can be found in your manual by searching for "import family file."

To delete those marked records from "your" McCutchen file, open it and choose File -> Delete -> Marked Records. Then, click Delete and Proceed. (Note: Just to be safe, before deleting the marked records from "your" McCutchan file, you may want to make sure you have a backup copy of it.) Additional information about deleting marked records can be found in the manual by searching for "delete marked people."

I hope you find this information helpful

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X