Adding existing new spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding existing new spouse

I had a father and children. When I added a mother, Reunion correctly told me that one child was born after the mother's death. Upon further research, I found that child child belonged to the man's second wife. I moved Wife #1 to the clipboard, gave the man Wife #2 as the mother of the child, but am now unable to add Wife#1. I removed her from the clipboard, and she is now on her own in Family View and appears in the main people list. If I click Add Spouse from Sidebar and click on her, she appears on her own again, not on a Family view with her husband. If I just use Add Spouse, I get the name view. In older versions, I seem to remember an "Add Existing Spouse" option. What am I missing?

Originally posted by Muriel A View Post
    If I click Add Spouse from Sidebar and click on her, she appears on her own again, not on a Family view with her husband...What am I missing?
    After selecting Add Spouse from the Sidebar, "drag" her from the sidebar onto his name on the family view. (I.e., do not click and release, click and drag.)

Then, after dropping her onto his name on the family view, select the option to add her as a spouse.

I hope you find this information helpful

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Seems I was dragging too low, onto the whole area. Dragging onto his name worked perfectly, yay! Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
      X