Duplicate person in tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate person in tree

I have a person in the my tree that appears twice. It is a duplicate. I entered his name not knowing that his parents were already in my tree. How can I delete this person without causing havoc in the tree? Thanks.

Make sure the one you plan on keeping has all the links and info from the one you'll delete. Click on Clipboard on left column, drag the one to delete to the right clipboard. Highlight him, click hammer on bottom of that column, and delete him.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I have a lot of experience with duplicates. I would highly suggest you use the merge function to merge the data from one duplicate into the other. That will carry with it any links or other data. It will not cause grief in your tree.

Comment

I'm not sure how to use the Merge function. I would appraciate any help on this topic. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo L View Post
          I'm not sure how to use the Merge function. I would appraciate any help on this topic. Thanks.
          There is an entire section in the manual titled Match & Merge. Suggest you look that over then come back and ask questions about any items you don't understand.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X