"This file is not being shared"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This file is not being shared"

Dropbox sharing has stopped and I can't reset it. The help file says, "A reset can be initiated manually by choosing File > Sharing Status and clicking the Reset Sharing button", but when I click File > Sharing Status, I get "This file is not being shared." and there is no reset button visible.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

You can't reset sharing because the file isn't being shared. You can only reset sharing if the file is already sharing.

In order to re-intiate sharing, (re)download the file to ReunionTouch on an iOS device.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you, Mark. That worked, but I don't know why this happened.
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

There are a few things that can cause sharing to be reset, resulting in the "this file is not being shared" status:

-Importing GEDCOM, Text, or Reunion Family Files

-Merging people (via the Merge People window)

-Merging sources (via the Merge Sources window)

-Using Find and Replace

-Deleting marked or unmarked people

-Sorting children in families with a marked spouse

-Setting flags (via the Change menu)

-Setting general sources (via the Change menu).

After doing one of the above, sharing will be automatically reset and the Sharing Status window will indicate that the file is not being shared (temporarily). In these instances the next time you open the file in ReunionTouch you will get an "Updating..." message as ReunionTouch automatically re-downloads the file and re-initiates syncing.

There's a good chance that simply opening the file in ReunionTouch would have re-initiated syncing in your case, but I figured it'd be safest to tell you to re-download it.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X