Complex relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complex relationships

I have a complex situation and I don't know how to show it on Reunion.

My GG Grandma raised two boys as her own twins, but they weren't. One of them was her husband's illegitimate son. The complicating factor is that the illegitimate son's mother, was my GG Grandmother's daughter from her first marriage.

So basically her husband got his wife pregnant and his step-daughter pregnant and they were raised as twins.

I have assigned the illegitimate son to his correct mother in Reunion, but I'm unsure about adding his father as I'm concerned it will mess other relationships up. His brothers (who share the same father) are also his uncles (because his mother is their half sister).

Shall I just leave him without a father or can I connect them somehow? He appears on a Census first with his 'grandparents' who I believe are actually his Great grandparents, but then 10 years later he is living with his father and being raised as a sibling with the other kids.

Crikey, this family make Jeremy Kyle stories look tame!

Is there a way to show this in Reunion?
    Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Re: Complex relationships

This gave me a headache!
    I'll just make some popcorn and sit back & watch the action.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Re: Complex relationships

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      This gave me a headache!
      I'll just make some popcorn and sit back & watch the action.
      Honestly, I rewrote it about three times to pair it down a bit so people didn't lose the will to live lol. The more I find out about this amazing woman though, the more I love her.

I knew she was married three times, but I have the dates now.

5 Oct 1872
      10 Jul 1881
      2 Jun 1881 - OMG! Less than a year before the next one! She was widowed both times.

It was the final husband who I'm not so keen on. His step-daughter, aged 16!

Enjoy the popcorn
      Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Comment

Working...
      X