No individual media in Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No individual media in Books

I've created several Books. Some family members have no individual multimedia attached, but there is sometimes media in the "Family Multimedia" section that I would like to display instead. I don't think there's a way to do that automatically (like a checkbox for "display family media if no individual media"), but is there a way to find people with no individual media but some media in the "Family Multimedia" section? I could then copy it manually so that something is shown next to the person in the Book.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: No individual media in Books

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
    ...is there a way to find people with no individual media but some media in the "Family Multimedia" section?
    Yes -- open the family file and go to Find in the Navbar at left, then select the People tab under "Look for..." and set the following conditions:

# of Multimedia Files Equal 0

And click "Find". In the Results sidebar that opens on the right, click the Marking Shortcuts icon (green checkmark) at the bottom-left of the sidebar and select "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" to mark the results.

Next, back under Find, switch to the Couples tab and set the conditions:

# of Multimedia Files More Than 0
    And
    # of Marked Spouses More Than 0

("# of Marked Spouses" is under "Attributes" in the menu)

And click Find. The resulting list should be of couples where there is a family multimedia item but at least one spouse does not have any individual multimedia.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: No individual media in Books

Perfect. Thanks, Mark! That worked perfectly.
      Last edited by thomprod; 07 January 2019, 08:22 AM.
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Working...
      X