Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring family from iFamily to Reunion 12 - .ged file export?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring family from iFamily to Reunion 12 - .ged file export?

Hi there

I'm looking to transfer a family from iFamily (which I have loved for simplicity but looking for a change and also more tree/chart options). Am I OK to just to an export using .ged or do I need to look at doing something else. Sorry there may be a thread already open, happy to go looking.

Cheers
    Anne

Re: Transferring family from iFamily to Reunion 12 - .ged file export?

Originally posted by Cumming Researcher View Post
    Hi there

I'm looking to transfer a family from iFamily (which I have loved for simplicity but looking for a change and also more tree/chart options). Am I OK to just to an export using .ged...
    Yes. Exporting a GEDCOM file would be the only way to transfer information directly from iFamily to Reunion.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Transferring family from iFamily to Reunion 12 - .ged file export?

I have been using iFamily for some years, having changed from an older Reunion. It was the charts, especially the pdf output that I liked. The charts in Reunion seem better now so I've moved back to be able to put in more detail and information. Also I love the fan charts.

I don't know if it was because of moving back and forth via Gedcom, but when I imported my iFamily gedcom into Reunion 12, it was fine except for one thing. The Occupation field. Occupation in iFamily is in Events, and in Reunion it's in Facts. In Reunion I ended up with *New[OCCU] in Events, and in Facts I had *new[OCCI] as well as the Reunion Occupation field which was empty. I've been sorting this out, transferring all Occupation information to the Occupation field.

You may not have this problem. As I say, my database has been going on for many years and this may have happened with going back and forth between programs. But you should check to see.

Comment

Working...
      X