Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book report in PDF

Hi,

When I create a book report and wish to save it as a PDF, it does not retain the hyperlinks. Is this a preference item in Reunion or a limitation of MacOS? I'm using the latest macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

Thanks,
    Hayward
    Hayward...
    Mac Studio, A1 Max, 64GB memory, Sonoma 14.2.1

Re: Book report in PDF

Originally posted by HJKeats View Post
    When I create a book report and wish to save it as a PDF, it does not retain the hyperlinks. Is this a preference item in Reunion or a limitation of MacOS? I'm using the latest macOS Mojave 10.14.2.
    There is no limitation that we are aware of - can you be more specific about what hyperlinks are not being retained.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. None of the hyperlinks work. While in the book report in Reunion prior committing it to the PDF version all hyperlinks work, such as people and places to navigate you within the document. But as soon as I create the PDF all hyperlinks are lost. It becomes just a static document of text with coloured text where the hyperlinks would normally be present.

Thanks,
      Hayward
      Hayward...

Comment

Thanks for getting back so quickly. None of the hyperlinks work. While in the book report in Reunion prior committing it to the PDF version all hyperlinks work, such as people and places to navigate you within the document. But as soon as I create the PDF all hyperlinks are lost. It becomes just a static document of text with coloured text where the hyperlinks would normally be present.
        A couple of questions...
        • Are you viewing the pdf in the Preview application, if not what app are you using?
        • What build of Reunion 12 are you running? (choose Reunion > About Reunion)
        • Do any of the hyperlinks in the table of contents work?
        Gregg Witmer

Comment

Hi Gregg,

I'm away from my Mac right now (at work) so in the interest in moving your questions forward I'll answer to the best of my knowledge without testing the process/final product.

I'm viewing in the Preview application as provided by the OS. I haven't tested it against any other app.

I believe I may have discovered the problem, it must be the Preview application, as I just this moment opened the PDF at my place of work and the hyperlinks work as anticipated.

Thanks so much Gregg for your support and help, Reunion software people are fantastic in software support.

Thanks,
          Hayward
          Hayward...

Comment

I believe I may have discovered the problem, it must be the Preview application, as I just this moment opened the PDF at my place of work and the hyperlinks work as anticipated.
            As far as we know, there are no problems like what you are describing with the Preview application. It is possible that Preview (on your other system) is in a "mode" that will not allow hyperlinks to be clicked, for example: Tools > Rectangular Selection.
            Gregg Witmer

Comment

Thanks Gregg,

When I got home and checked the settings in Preview and set it to text, voila all is good.

Thanks again.
              Hayward
              Hayward...

Comment

Working...
              X