Lost Families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Families

I record six separate families on Reunion. When I upgraded to Reunion 12 all of the families were moved over from Reunion 11. All was working well. Suddenly, I don't know why, five of my families disappeared leaving only the main family I work on almost every day. The other families are still on my copy of Reunion 11. How do I get them back on Reunion 12?

Re: Lost Families

Originally posted by William Lowther View Post
    I record six separate families on Reunion. When I upgraded to Reunion 12 all of the families were moved over from Reunion 11. All was working well. Suddenly, I don't know why, five of my families disappeared leaving only the main family I work on almost every day. The other families are still on my copy of Reunion 11. How do I get them back on Reunion 12?
    Have you done work in your other version 12 family files? If so, before converting the other version 11 files again, you may want to do a search using Spotlight (or the search box in a Finder window) to locate the other version 12 family files. (I.e., search for files with the ".familyfile12" extension.) Then, if found, move them into the same location on your hard drive as your main version 12 family file.

If the other version 12 files cannot be found (or if you have not done any work in them since converting them to be used in Reunion 12), you may convert your other version 11 family files by locating them in your Finder and dragging/dropping each file (one-at-a-time) onto the Reunion 12 icon on your Dock or in your Applications folder. (If you are not sure how to get to your version 11 family files in your Finder, search for files with the ".familyfile11" extension.)

Another way to convert your version 11 family files is to follow the steps found here...

...in the "Step-by-Step..." section.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Lost Families

Dear Deb: Thank you very much. I have very little technical skill but I was able to follow your instructions and they worked! All the files are now back in place. Again, thank you very much. William

Comment

Working...
      X