Media Page Order in Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Page Order in Books

How does Reunion decide on the person order for media pages in a book? I have a 5-generation family and the first 3 generations make sense. Media pages for people in each of the first 3 generations are in order of their date of birth in that generation. However, the pages for people in generations 4 & 5 are not logical - some of the 5th generation people appear immediately after their 4th generation parents, but not all. Then the remaining 5th generation people appear at the end. Shouldn't all 4th generation people be listed in birth order then all 5th generation people in their birth order, just like the first 3 generations? Is there a way to affect the order to get what I'm looking for?

Re: Media Page Order in Books

Media items appear in the Media section of the book in the order that the people appear in the book report. There is no way to change the order of media items in the book.

The need for a better sort order would be a good wish list item.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Gregg. After closer review, I see the problem. Media for children with no children of their own (whether married or not) appears immediately after the parent's media pages. Media for children who do have offspring appear at the expected generation level.

Personally, I think this is the wrong way to do it. I would prefer that media pages be organized by generation (just like the main part of the book) and either presented in birth order or in order of first mention (I'd be ok with either approach).

I do hope that you will at least give us a choice on the media ordering scheme in a future update.

Comment

Originally posted by edohmann View Post
        I would prefer that media pages be organized by generation...
        There is a new build of Reunion 12 available today that will change the order in which people are listed in the media section of a book. The new order is: last name, first name, birth date.

Although this is not what you asked for in this thread, we think this is a more useful arrangement for the media section (vs. the order in which people appear in the book).

To install the latest build of Reunion 12, choose Help > Check for Updates from Reunion's main menubar.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X