2 family members collaborate on 1 data file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 family members collaborate on 1 data file

I am trying to help a new family researcher use Reunion. They want to collaborate from 2 different macs on 1 reunion data container. Can they each edit and view a single data container?

Re: 2 family members collaborate on 1 data file

Originally posted by marksnell View Post
    I am trying to help a new family researcher use Reunion. They want to collaborate from 2 different macs on 1 reunion data container. Can they each edit and view a single data container?
    Put all the data to which they wish to share access into a shared folder on the cloud. Dropbox is good for this. I think that both will have to have an account, so the shared folder will appear on both Macs.

They will have to exercise care when working at the same time; the Family Files should be OK but other applications may not be as forgiving as Reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hill View Post
      They will have to exercise care when working at the same time...
      You can share your master family file with another Reunion user over Dropbox - however, you should make sure that the family file is only open on one Mac at a time.

Search the Reunion 12 manual for "using dropbox" and you'll be directed to a section in the manual that discusses this in detail.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

thankyou both.
        dropbox seems to work to allow me to view 1 database on 2 macs. Now will the source link work if I put the source doc in the same folder as the databse on dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by marksnell View Post
          thankyou both.
          dropbox seems to work to allow me to view 1 database on 2 macs. Now will the source link work if I put the source doc in the same folder as the database on dropbox?
          I do not know, but would have thought it likely as long as the folder in which it was put was shared.

A case for experiment, perhaps, and let us know what happens?

Comment

Working...
          X