No dates for spouses of children in Family Group Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No dates for spouses of children in Family Group Sheet

Hello does anyone else find it odd that, in Family Group Sheets, spouses of children have no birth-death dates but children of children do? Here is an example:

1 F: Ellen C. Pearl
    Birth: 10 Aug 1854 New York
    Death: 18 May 1883 Minnesota
    Spouse: Peter Nelson
    Marriage: 17 Nov 1870, Stearns Co., MN
    Children: Arthur E. (~1874-)
    Louise E (~1876-)
    Pearl Irene (~1879-)

Or maybe I just haven't found the toggle to turn this feature on. Any assistance is appreciated!
    Nancy I.Z. Reese

Re: No dates for spouses of children in Family Group Sheet

Normally, these dates show. Does your Peter Nelson have valid dates posted on his Reunion family card? I've attached an example of what one should see if all dates are valid and present.
    Attached Files
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks for your response. Your example does not show any spouses of children.

Peter is the spouse of child 1 (Ellen). Their children have b-d years but Peter does not.

And yes, Peter has valid dates in Reunion.
      Nancy I.Z. Reese

Comment

My apologies. The way that I interpreted your original message, I thought that you were concerned about the "main" spouses dates which were missing in your example. That being said.....

Over the years, I have used, explored, etc... most of the genealogy apps available for Macs. As best that I recall, none show the children's spouses on a Family Group Sheet -- as a default.

However, in Reunion and others, you can customize the report. Suggest that you read up on Family Group Sheet in the Help file to see just what fields can be added.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

The two examples are confusing me. They both seem to be showing a Family Group Sheet. The Reunion Manual implies that a Family Group Sheet is of two generations, typically a husband, wife, and their children.

So if Ellen C. Pearl is a child on the Family Group Sheet, none of her children should be showing - they would be on another Family Group Sheet where Ellen is the mother and Peter is the father.

Be that as it may, my confusion notwithstanding, the addition of Peter's birth-death dates doesn't seem to be possible. The example in the manual does not show dates for the spouse of the children. I went to the Define Family Group Sheet Layouts panel and did not find a way of adding those dates. You can customize the fields you want for Person, Family, Children, Children Family, but not for Children Spouse.

Maybe this is something for the wish list?

Comment

Reunion gives you the option of listing children of children on a family group sheet. Yes, the children's spouses b-d is probably something for the wish list. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something first.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.
            Nancy I.Z. Reese

Comment

Working...
            X