Family page at start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family page at start-up

I recently merged 2 large Reunion databases-one for my family and one for my wife’s. I have successfully removed duplicates and everything seems fine. But I would like to make one more change and can’t figure out how. The family page that comes on the screen when I start Reunion focuses on my parents in the middle position. I would like to change that so my wife and I are in the center of the startup family page instead of my parents. How can I do that?

Re: Family page at start-up

Originally posted by John Hesselberth View Post
    I recently merged 2 large Reunion databases-one for my family and one for my wife’s. I have successfully removed duplicates and everything seems fine. But I would like to make one more change and can’t figure out how. The family page that comes on the screen when I start Reunion focuses on my parents in the middle position. I would like to change that so my wife and I are in the center of the startup family page instead of my parents. How can I do that?
    The startup family page is called the Home Family. Click your name under your parents' names so that you and your wife appear in the middle section. Then go to Preferences/Startup and under "Current home family..." click "Use Current Family".
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hesselberth View Post
      Right in the middle of the bar at the bottom of the Reunion window is a little brown house icon (the "Home" icon.)

Go to your family page and drag your wife's button or your button to the Home icon and drop it. You are now the "Home" family; when you click on the Home icon you will be brought to your page, and depending on your preferences setting, the Home family will be what you see when you open the file. (You can also set the preference so it starts on the last family you were viewing, but it sounds like that's not your current setting.)

There are also other ways of setting this (dragging from sidebar to Home icon, control-clicking the Home icon while the desired page is showing).
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
        The startup family page is called the Home Family. Click your name under your parents' names so that you and your wife appear in the middle section. Then go to Preferences/Startup and under "Current home family..." click "Use Current Family".
        Thanks thomprod!! It worked perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          There are also other ways of setting this (dragging from sidebar to Home icon, control-clicking the Home icon while the desired page is showing).
          A minor correction: you can do this by Option+Clicking the Home icon, not Control+Clicking.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X