Universal multi media comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal multi media comment?

Is there a way to change the comments you write for a multimedia item. I often use the same photograph or image for a number of different individuals. Now I have to copy the info and paste it to each use of the image, it would be so much easier if I could write the description once and have it show everywhere I use the image. Also, is there a way to see everywhere a multimedia item is used? I've tried various way to see where something is used to no avail.

Re: Universal multi media comment?

Originally posted by Johnson524 View Post
    ...it would be so much easier if I could write the description once and have it show everywhere I use the image.
    This is already possible in Reunion 12 if the image is copied from one person/family to another from within Reunion.

(I.e., open the Multimedia sidebar for a person and select an image. Then, click on the Multimedia Tools icon — the hammer — at the bottom and select "Copy to Clipboard" from the menu that appears. Next, go to the appropriate person and open the Multimedia sidebar. Finally, Control-click (or right-click) in the appropriate section of the Multimedia sidebar and select "Paste" from the menu that appears. The Comments are retained in the image that is pasted into that section.)

Originally posted by Johnson524 View Post
    Also, is there a way to see everywhere a multimedia item is used? I've tried various way to see where something is used to no avail.
    This is possible if you are wanting to see whom (a listing of people and families) a particular image has been linked.

Follow these steps to do so...

1. Click on Thumbnails in the navbar on the left.

2. Select "Any Media Field Contains" from the "Include" menu in the upper-left corner of the Thumbnails window.

3. Enter the file name for the particular image.

4. Check the "Groups" box so the image is shown with the particular person or family with whom it is linked.

Note: this listing does not include sources to which that same image may be linked. However, you can show all images linked to sources in a separate listing by selecting "Sources" from the "Include" menu.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X