Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining an Upgrade with a "Do-Over"

Hello,
    If I upgrade from Reunion 11 to Reunion 12, and want to start "fresh" and do a better job with entering my sources, notes, etc. than I have done in the past, can I just purchase the upgrade but not convert/save my old family file? Would I still be able to view the old file to use it as a guide for my work?
    Thanks!
    Marnie Anderson

Re: Combining an Upgrade with a "Do-Over"

Absolutely, but why not consider updating. Then you can use 11 and 12 side by side to do whatever you wish.
    The advantage here is that you'll not have to type anyones names, dates, and places--they'll be there.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      Absolutely, but why not consider updating. Then you can use 11 and 12 side by side to do whatever you wish.
      The advantage here is that you'll not have to type anyones names, dates, and places--they'll be there.
      What you said makes sense. I bought the upgrade, updated, and am watching some videos that will help me reformat some citations. Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by M Anderson View Post
        ...am watching some videos that will help me reformat some citations. Thanks for the encouragement.
        Hi Marnie,

Have you looked at Ben Sayer's "Practical Citation" system? Ben actually developed this system for Reunion (I think) although it could be used with other programs, too. Since you are starting over with your citations, it might be worth looking at. There is a small membership fee to join his website ($4.97). There is at least one video that I remember. May be more. Anyway, thought it might be something that would be helpful to you.

P.S. - You can find other posts regarding this system by clicking on the "Search" button at the top of this page and putting in "Practical Citation" (without the quote marks).

Regards,
        Kaye
        Last edited by kmgenealogy; 27 February 2018, 05:52 AM.
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
          Hi Marnie,

Have you looked at Ben Sayer's "Practical Citation" system? Ben actually developed this system for Reunion (I think) although it could be used with other programs, too. Since you are starting over with your citations, it might be worth looking at. There is a small membership fee to join his website ($4.97). There is at least one video that I remember. May be more. Anyway, thought it might be something that would be helpful to you.

P.S. - You can find other posts regarding this system by clicking on the "Search" button at the top of this page and putting in "Practical Citation" (without the quote marks).

Regards,
          Kaye
          Thanks Kaye. I found Ben's work on YouTube after I posted last night. Very enlightening but not good for letting me get to bed at a reasonable hour! LOL. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
          X