Adding unrelated persons to charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding unrelated persons to charts

What is the best way to add unrelated persons to a chart? For example, I would like to add my son-in-law’s parents to my descendant’s chart. These people are in my database, but they are not descendants. I know that I can add boxes to a chart and type the info into those boxes. But it’s complicated especially if you want to add their photos. It would be much easier if I could get their info and photo on the chart with one click. Is there an easy way to do this? If not, perhaps such a feature should be added in a future software upgrade.

Re: Adding unrelated persons to charts

I would make an ancestor chart for your son in law, change the colors to match the generations in the main chart, then copy the chart without frame. You can then paste it into the main chart.

From here, there’s a couple of approaches, but the simplest is to delete his name from your daughter’s box, put his new box next to hers, and draw a line to connect them. You’ll probably have to move things around a bit to give him room.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks Tim; good suggestion; works fine! I didn't realize that you could simply copy and paste from one chart to another. I guess you learn something every day!

Comment

It's one of those aha! things--very simple, but not necessarily very obvious until after you know it. Glad to help!
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

It would be quite nice to have the facility to merge two or more charts - especially in these days of many extended families where unrelated people may live as siblings/children and so on.

Comment

Working...
          X