New Book Features and Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Book Features and Advice

Been using 11 for quite awhile now, and loved it. Just downloaded 12 yesterday, so . . . I’ll admit that I haven’t played with the update much yet.

One feature that I have dabbled with in 11 is the book feature. I haven’t yet used the new book features. I intend to, but once I do, I’ll be at it for awhile. I want to get started on the right foot . . .

Here are my three questions . . .
    1) I have a family file on almost 12,000 individuals. The new “hourglass” book might be just the ticket, except.. .
    The family is basically two brothers who married two sisters. Then one family stayed in Wisconsin, the other moved to Minnesota. The families had grown apart, but we have done a MASSIVE job of research what we hope will end up being every ancestor (common to both branches of the family) and every descendant.
    Can I merge two hourglass books together with a common sources and index and table of contents?
    Can I somehow combine the “common ancestors” into one?
    Finally, if we have a related branch, how would you suggest adding those?

Question 2 I hope is easier. The new features video talks about adding user designed pages (and saving them as templates). What kind of content can be added? If added to a book, will they be indexed and added to the Table of Contents? And if I built a section of data for a family in a way different from the standard, could I use that template to create a family 1A section, a Family 1B section and so on?

Question 3 may be beyond the scope of this forum, but some may have experience. Once completed and PDF’d, what is the best way to make the book available to family? (IBooks? Somehow/place else?)

Thanks.
    Last edited by ksajdak; 14 December 2017, 11:27 AM.

Re: New Book Features and Advice

Originally posted by ksajdak View Post
    ...Question 3 may be beyond the scope of this forum, but some may have experience. Once completed and PDF’d, what is the best way to make the book available to family? (IBooks? Somehow/place else?)

Thanks.
    I just put the Book .pdf file in my Dropbox and email a link to that file to my family members. If I make revisions and updates, I replace the .pdf file with the updated version using the same file name, so the link I sent out will always take them to the most recent version of the Book.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Working...
    X