Family File Information - Last Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family File Information - Last Names

Does anyone else get strange results for the “Last Names” when doing a “Get Info” on a family file? On updating from Reunion 11 to Reunion 12, I went from 8376 surnames to 8256 surnames. It was a bit strange to lose 120 names, but I presumed the file had been cleaned up in some way. Doing the same manipulation today the result for Last Names is 1728 instead of 8256, so that is far more worrying! I started to hesitate about continuing to use this family file in case it had been corrupted. However, I then did a report on Last Names from Reports in the left-hand side bar and the result is 8256, so it seems to be OK. The other statistics on the Family File Information appear to be correct,so perhaps it is just a glitch with the Last Names count.

Susan

Re: Family File Information - Last Names

You may want to convert your v 11 family again, using the newest v 12 build.
    You might just find the missing 120 people. (That would freak me out!!)
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      You may want to convert your v 11 family again, using the newest v 12 build.
      You might just find the missing 120 people. (That would freak me out!!)
      Thank you for the suggestion. It was my first reaction too and I started doing that this morning, but it rebuilds the thumbnails and that took more than seven hours to do about 90%, then Reunion quit unexpectedly. I would have to start all over again. I only use small thumbnails, but I do have over 100,000 of them.

I also went back to Reunion 11 and tried to open the backup I made just before updating to Reunion 12, but I run up against the same problem with the thumbnails.

I don't think I have actually lost any people as the number of people in the file is correct and the number of relatives also, the difference is in the number of individual surnames.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Bland View Post
        I don't think I have actually lost any people as the number of people in the file is correct and the number of relatives also, the difference is in the number of individual surnames.
        I don't think you lost any people either. Rather than looking at the last name count in the Get Info window, try looking at the Last Names Report which is much more accurate.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X