X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree View question...

Hi folks,

A raw "newbie" here, who will undoubtedly pester you all silly with questions....:-)

So, to start the ball rolling, can I ask about the Tree View...

One of my Grandfathers was born out of wedlock...

He is currently shown with his mother and father joined with a red line.

Is there any way I can actually mark him as being illegitimate, or alternatively that Mum and Dad weren't married....or is this what the red line signifies...???

Dougie.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Re: Tree View question...

Originally posted by Douglas McMann View Post
    One of my Grandfathers was born out of wedlock...
    He is currently shown [in the tree view] with his mother and father joined with a red line.

Is there any way I can actually mark him as being illegitimate, or alternatively that Mum and Dad weren't married....or is this what the red line signifies...???
    The red line just indicates they were a couple, regardless of marital status.
    Within Reunion, you'd indicate that a child was illegitimate by going to his parent's card and setting their status to "Unmarried".

I don't think there will be any indication of this in the tree view, but if you include "marital status" you will see it in any pedigree charts you make.
    Attached Files
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thank you for that Dennis....

My previous Windows software, Family Historian, showed an unmarried union by way of a broken line instead of a solid line so I was looking for something similar...not to worry...

Dougie.
      Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Comment

You can also change the child status to illegitimate, but I'm not aware of any way to view this information other than in the Family View (i.e. I don't see a way to add it to reports or charts).
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X