This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add multiple Misc. Notes in Notes

Is there a way to add more Misc. Notes to the Notes section? It is so tedious to add one and then have to go back and add another and another. Thank you, Judy
    Last edited by mrstucci; 18 November 2014, 07:53 AM. Reason: changed topic
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Re: Add multiple Misc. Notes in Notes

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
    Is there a way to add nore Misc. Notes to the Notes section? It is so tedious to add one and then have to go back and add another and another. Thank you, Judy
    I am not quite sure what the problem is here.

It is entirely possible to continue to add note after note within the same MISC. NOTE until it reaches its capacity
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Originally posted by AE Palmer View Post
      I am not quite sure what the problem is here.

It is entirely possible to continue to add note after note within the same MISC. NOTE until it reaches its capacity – approximately 30 pages. A simple click of the mouse on the NOTE field will allow you to enter more data as necessary. Furthermore, you can even source individual sections within a NOTE field when using Reunion. (A bad idea, however, if you ever intend to export your data via GEDCOM protocols -- all of the raw data will transfer acceptably, BUT current GEDCOM protocols will shift any (all) citation(s) to the bottom of the note section. Thus, any relevant citation connection to specific passages within your notation is lost!)

For that matter, you can even create new (specific) NOTEs to draw upon if you so desire – I have a special note category specifically for medical information I wish to track, as well as a NOTE called “Will,” where I put transcriptions of any wills I happen to find.

And lastly, because the process of selecting the appropriate NOTE from the list is very easy, I fail to grasp the tediousness of having to enter separate notes – especially when a user must retain accurate sourcing within the notes (as I do on a regular basis.)

YMMV!
      Thank you for your reply. It is a relatively easy task to add another Misc. Note but the repetitive nature of the going back and forth aggravates my carpal tunnel. If there was a way to select it from the drop down menu AND the quantity desired that would be helpful. Judy
      Last edited by Deb; 19 November 2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. It is a relatively easy task to add another Misc. Note but the repetitive nature of the going back and forth aggravates my carpal tunnel. If there was a way to select it from the drop down menu
        Ah! The light dawns. Perhaps it is time to sertiously look at the [over] use of your primary selection device -- the mouse. Computer mice are THE most common cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. I too had a case of CTS before I switched over to the use of a trackball as a replacement for my now much disused mouse. I won't say my CTS problem is gone, it is not, but it is MUCH less severe and rarely presents major symptoms. BTW, there are several brands and models of trackballs on the market to choose from.

AND the quantity desired that would be helpful. Judy
        You have lost me here. The quantity of what?
        Last edited by AE Palmer; 20 November 2014, 09:41 AM. Reason: unfinished reply.
        Arnold
        -----
        RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Trackballs are a great help for those with carpal problems, shoulder problems and several other scenarios. For some, an external trackpad is also great for some people who suffer from stiff fingers as it can be placed wherever you need (stiff finger syndrome vs. trackball doesn't work). Another suggestion for Judy...

The ideal position for mouse (also trackball, etc.) is level with a fully relaxed elbow. In other words. Let your arm hang relaxed along your side then bring your lower arm up to almost a 90 degree angle to your vertical upper arm. The level of your hand should be an inch or two lower than the level of your elbow. That is the sweet spot that is your goal. Once you are working in that sweet spot, your arm and hand will be relaxed. If you don't have a carpal situation, it will help to prevent. If you already do, it will allow you to work longer and take pain longer to bother you.

Now you need to make the surrounding adjustments to achieve the sweet spot. It may be lowering the work surface, adding an underside keyboard tray, raising your seating, etc...
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            Trackballs are a great help for those with carpal problems, shoulder problems and several other scenarios. For some, an external trackpad is also great for some people who suffer from stiff fingers as it can be placed wherever you need (stiff finger syndrome vs. trackball doesn't work). Another suggestion for Judy...

The ideal position for mouse (also trackball, etc.) is level with a fully relaxed elbow. In other words. Let your arm hang relaxed along your side then bring your lower arm up to almost a 90 degree angle to your vertical upper arm. The level of your hand should be an inch or two lower than the level of your elbow. That is the sweet spot that is your goal. Once you are working in that sweet spot, your arm and hand will be relaxed. If you don't have a carpal situation, it will help to prevent. If you already do, it will allow you to work longer and take pain longer to bother you.

Now you need to make the surrounding adjustments to achieve the sweet spot. It may be lowering the work surface, adding an underside keyboard tray, raising your seating, etc...
            Thank you! Will see what I can do....
            Last edited by Deb; 30 November 2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X