Need cumulative new features discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need cumulative new features discussion

I don't know if this is the right subform for this question, but none of the others seemed better. There is no subforum specifically for upgrade questions.

I've just upgraded from Reunion 9 to Reunion 13. What links should I follow to get a NON-VIDEO survey of the new features in versions 10 through 13? (I cannot stand watching videos, and the Upgrade page only links to a video overview, not to a static text & screenshots presentation.)

I am especially interested in any changes to the web publishing features, **including the syntax of the html and css code for the Family Group Report!** I've been creating my own custom templates and style sheets, and making post-generation changes to the html files via BBEdit global search-and-replace with grep patterns. The incompatibilities in the web styles between versions are the main reason I delayed upgrading so long. It was a huge challenge to update my Reunion web files when I upgraded from the previous versions, involving a lot of reverse engineering since the style variables were not documented. My notes to myself for updating the web reports from 7 to 8 and from 8 to 9 were *16 pages of steps*, a daunting prospect! And since I wasn't updating Reunion, I also couldn't upgrade MacOS beyond the last version compatible with Reunion 9, so I've been running under Sierra ever since 2017. Sierra was getting so crusty and preventing lots of other app updates, though, that I finally bit the bullet and upgraded both.

http://tpettit.verio.com/rowan/famil...1/fg01_007.htm
    Last edited by TeriPettit; 22 February 2023, 06:09 PM.
    My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Hi Teri,

Some of these pages do have a video at the top, but all of these pages have a complete list of features added in each version.

New features in Reunion 13 are here...

New features in Reunion 12 are here...

New features in Reunion 11 are here...

New features in Reunion 10 are here...

New features in Reunion 9 are here...

I hope this helps with your transition.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you, I did find that, by navigating to the Reunion home page, then clicking on New Features in the left side menu. It would be helpful if that link appeared in the screen that you get when the upgrade installs.

I really like the new Connections feature. I requested that MANY years ago, since converting plain text mentions in the Notes to html ref links was one of the tedious post-generation edits I performed on my Web Reports. The two biggest purposes I plan to use Connections for are "Do Not Confuse With" when somebody else in the file has the same name and similar dates/locations, as well as "Killed" and "Killed By" references. (My paternal relatives are from a violent, feuding part of Kentucky. There are over 300 people in the database who died at the hands of someone else, and in many cases both persons are related to me either by blood or marriage.)

E.g.,

My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on the listing of new features.

I do remember your request for the connections feature years ago.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

(My paternal relatives are from a violent, feuding part of Kentucky. There are over 300 people in the database who died at the hands of someone else, and in many cases both persons are related to me either by blood or marriage.)

Not much to say except ... Wow!

Comment

....from a violent, feuding part of Kentucky. ....

Ok, so I just have to know which counties in KY because I'm getting close to the TN line in my research. It would just be my luck. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X