Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me convert a Reunion 11 file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me convert a Reunion 11 file?

Hi all.

My last iMac died a couple weeks ago. I was able to recover my last Reunion 11 file, but I only have a Windows machine, now, so I can't open it or covert it.

I am hoping someone might be kind enough to convert it to a gedcom for me?

edit: It is an 8.4 MB file. I guess that probably isn't so big by today's standards I imagine.
    Last edited by gwynwas; 04 February 2023, 12:45 PM.

"Quite a large file" means the first challenge will be delivering the file to the volunteer.
    Look at the .familyfile in Finder, and get the actual file size. It will help you in planning how to transfer the file.
    Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Originally posted by KirkS View Post
      "Quite a large file" means the first challenge will be delivering the file to the volunteer.
      Look at the .familyfile in Finder, and get the actual file size. It will help you in planning how to transfer the file.
      I use WeTransfer.com to send large files. Very fast, very easy, and Free!
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

the .familyfile is 8.4 MB
        Last edited by gwynwas; 04 February 2023, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwynwas View Post
          8.4 MB
          Most email services will be fine with attachments under 20 MB (Outlook, Hotmail, iCloud). Others, like Yahoo! and Gmail will handle 25 MB. You should have no problem emailing your file.

I'll be glad to try and help. I have Reunion 13 which should open/convert your v11 familyfile. Then I'll export everything to GEDCOM and send it back to you.

Email it me at kirkstephens <at> hotmail <dot> com (if that email doesn't make sense, let me know). Put REUNION or something in the Subject line so I'll recognize you.
          Last edited by KirkS; 05 February 2023, 08:28 AM.
          Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Originally posted by gwynwas View Post
            the .familyfile is 8.4 MB
            Compress or zip it before emailing/transferring.
            Bradley Jansen
            OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Working...
            X