This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People Sidebar

On my People sidebar i show all the names, but when I enter names in the Search area of the sidebar not all of the names show up: for example I have about 50 Poitras and when I enter the name Poitras in the sidebar search area none show up. If I enter "Po" other names with "po" show up, but not "Poitras" - Any Suggestions? Running a Mac with 10.9.5 OS. I restarted the Mac and Reunion - Same results Also I have names starting with "sa" when I type in "sa" only "sh" names show up??

Confused?
    Last edited by Frank; 11 October 2014, 09:40 PM.

Re: People Sidebar

First, try this...
    Open your family file and choose File > Rebuild Cache Files.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      First, try this...
      Thanks Frank - Really appreciate the help.
      When in doubt the experts know!!

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        First, try this...
        Is there a solution to this issue on the iPad? I use my iPad as my default device for adding data, and then sync the database with Reunion on my MacBook. After my last (data gathering) road trip I noticed that there are NO names appearing in the People side bar - no matter what I do/type; NONE!

I'm 'afraid' to sync the current/updated iPad data with Reunion on my MacBook for fear that this issue could affect (transfer) to that database as well. Am I wrong - is there a (safe/easy) way out of this problem?
        Last edited by Deb; 20 October 2014, 03:31 PM.
        Earl Burrowes, Sr.
        eburrowes@mac.com

Comment

Hi Earl,

If using the Reunion for iPad app, please try closing the Family File (from the Tools icon at bottom-right of the Family View) then tap-and-hold on the name of the Family File, after about 6 seconds a "Rebuild Caches" option should appear, tap on that then open the Family File and see if the People sidebar is still blank.

If using Reunion for iPhone there is, unfortunately, no similar feature. I would suggest syncing back to the Mac and if the problem occurs there please send us a copy of your Family File (help@leisterpro.com) and we'll look into the issue.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Hi Earl,

If using the Reunion for iPad app, please try closing the Family File (from the Tools icon at bottom-right of the Family View) then tap-and-hold on the name of the Family File, after about 6 seconds a "Rebuild Caches" option should appear, tap on that then open the Family File and see if the People sidebar is still blank.

If using Reunion for iPhone there is, unfortunately, no similar feature. I would suggest syncing back to the Mac and if the problem occurs there please send us a copy of your Family File (help@leisterpro.com) and we'll look into the issue.

HTH
            Thanks Mark, rebuilding caches on the iPad corrected the missing names in the Sidebar.

Trying to sync back to the Mac (Get Changes from Device), however, is now not working in that the Get Changes button is grayed out - leaving Delete as the only option. I rebuilt the cashes on the Mac to see if that would help but it didn't.

Any suggestions, and should I re-enter this as a separate issue/topic?
            Earl Burrowes, Sr.
            eburrowes@mac.com

Comment

Working...
            X