Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski
View Post
I made the terrible mistake of using what to me was logic and putting them in the source details field. My logic was 'same place, different 'page' so to speak.
I figured that I could then print out a list of 'name, source and source detail' to take with me to the cemetery. Copy to excel, sort in order etc etc. Seemed a great idea - until, thousands of records later, I discovered that no, you can't do that - or rather you can, eventually, but in such a complex 'not in the manual' way that I was tearing my hair out.
I have requested the ability to do this - ie have 'source detail' available as a column heading when doing a 'find' - but nothing yet.
As I said, seems logical to me to want to be able to have a single source for the master record - eg a book; then the different page numbers in the details column which you can then list and order. Instead, you have to either have a different source for each 'page' - or as has been suggested, put the page number in the memo field.
Leave a comment: