This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding sources not equal to something

I am having great trouble in finding sources, where a source field does not equal something, e.g. find all sources whose publisher is not Ancestry.

I looked through the Reunion help file and I tried in the source list windows, selecting the field of Publisher, then using the option and equal sign (≠) followed by Ancestry in the search field and I got a blank list; which given I have non-Ancestry published sources means I must be doing something wrong. The same issue happens with other fields, e.g. Author and searching for sources whose Author is not 'XYZ'.

Has anyone had similar issues, i.e. problems with not equal in source field searching?
    Last edited by Guest; 25 August 2014, 01:37 AM. Reason: Provide more clarity; make less specific

Re: Finding sources not equal to something

Paul, If you are using "Find" in the left sidebar, you might try using "doesn't contain" instead.

Edit: Just realized that you probably weren't searching from the "Find" in the sidebar as I could not find a way to duplicate your search there. Sorry if I confused you.
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 25 August 2014, 05:16 AM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
    X