Listing first/middle names Reunion 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing first/middle names Reunion 10

With two babies due next year I've been asked for a list of first (and possibly middle) names from several branches, preferably separated somehow. Does anyone know how this can be done in Version 10? TIA, or directly to <beverleydavis@netspace.net.au>
    Beverley in Melbourne, Australia
    2014 iMac; OS10.10.5

Originally posted by Beverley Davis View Post
    With two babies due next year I've been asked for a list of first (and possibly middle) names from several branches, preferably separated somehow. Does anyone know how this can be done in Version 10? TIA, or directly to <beverleydavis@netspace.net.au>
    Perhaps you could try this...

1. Go to the family view of the source person (or other appropriate person) in one branch.

2. Drag that person's name from the family view into the Relatives sidebar on the right or to the word "Relatives" in the left column.

3. Then, at the bottom of the Relatives sidebar that opens, click on the List icon...

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 2.42.11 PM.png
    4. Next, remove all columns from List - Relatives window that opens except for the "First & Mid Name" column. (To remove a column from any List window, click on the two up-down arrows in the column header...

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 2.45.51 PM.png
    ...and select "Remove" from the menu that appears...

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 2.45.40 PM.png

5. To send that listing to someone by email, click on the "share" button at the bottom of the list window (the blue box with arrow pointing up) and select Mail from the menu that appears...

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 2.47.49 PM.png

6. Finally, click the "Open with Mail" button, address the email, include a note describing what you are sending, and click the Send button.

(If you would like to open the listing in your word processor instead of sending it by email, select your word processor from the Destination menu instead of Mail.)

Repeat this for an appropriate person in each branch of the family.

I hope you find this information helpful in moving forward
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

THANKYOU THANKYOU so much Deb for your extremely detailed, prompt and very helpful response! I am sure that my grandchildren will be extremely appreciative!!!!
      Beverley in Melbourne, Australia
      2014 iMac; OS10.10.5

Comment

Thanks Deb, now I only have that one column in List - Relatives. :-( How do I get List - Relatives back to all the columns that were there before?
        Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
        Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
          Thanks Deb, now I only have that one column in List - Relatives. :-( How do I get List - Relatives back to all the columns that were there before?
          Click the grid button at the bottom of the list, and choose how many columns you want, and then set them to what contents you want.

Roger
          Roger Moffat
          http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
          http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
          X