This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Reunion 10 to new Mac running Mavericks

I haven't seen this problem on the forum. If I missed it, I apologize.
    I am running the Reunion 10 upgrade on my failing iMac running Snow Leopard. Since it was a downloaded upgrade, I had to have Reunion 8 (which I upgraded from — I never had 9) alongside. Everything worked fine.

I just bought a newer iMac with Mavericks installed. I restored Reunion 10 from Time Machine. It wanted the code, I entered it. But then it asked for the previous version. When I tried adding R8, it told me that Power PC apps were no longer supported and I couldn't do anything with it. How do I keep using Reunion on my new Mac?

Re: Moving Reunion 10 to new Mac running Mavericks

Ah, never mind!
    Even though R8 is unusable on my new Mac, R10 apparently found what it was looking for, and opened!

Comment

Originally posted by Muriel A View Post
      ...When I tried adding R8, it told me that Power PC apps were no longer supported and I couldn't do anything with it. How do I keep using Reunion on my new Mac?
      As you discovered, you don't need to run Reunion 8 on the new Mac; it just needed to be there to make the upgrade installer happy.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

A similar problem: Used Migration Assistant to bring everything from a Time Capsule backup to a new MacBook. Reunion asked for my user name and license code for Reunion 10, which I have, but then since 10 had been an upgrade it wanted me to insert an older version on CD, unfortunately the new PowerBook doesn't run CDs. (I must have downloaded version 10, but I have CDs for 6, 7, and 8) As an alternative it wanted the version 9 user name and license code which I no longer know. I still have version 9 carried over from the old computer, but if I try to open that it also says that it is an upgrade and asks for the license code. Tried looking in the paper manual for version 4, but that didn't help; Can you?

Comment

Contact Leister and they can furnish you with your license information. I believe that the sales at leisterpro.com is the most appropriate address.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X