Using old version possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using old version possible?

I upgraded from version 9 last year without any serious thought. Now returning to my research interrupted in 2016, I regret my move and am wondering if I can use my old version still available with Time Machine. Thnak you for your help.

Originally posted by Diane CS View Post
    I upgraded from version 9 last year without any serious thought. Now returning to my research interrupted in 2016, I regret my move and am wondering if I can use my old version still available with Time Machine. Thank you for your help.
    What version of macOS is currently installed on your Mac? I'm asking because Reunion 9 will not run on Catalina or Big Sur.

If your Mac is running Mojave or earlier, Reunion 9 and your version 9 family file can be restored and used.

However, if you don't mind my asking, why are you wanting to revert back to using Reunion 9?

Perhaps we can resolve any issues you are seeing so you will be happy with your current version of Reunion

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Dear Deb, thank you for your answer. Now I remember why I upgraded: I have Big Sur. Why I want to go back to version 9? Because it would be easier? And also, many document files are missing even after repairing and also all the photo vignettes are gone. Since I have no choice, I'll work on it and get back to the forum or you if I am blocked. Thank you again for you concern. I thought it would arrive in my mail box, that is why I did not answer sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane CS View Post
        Dear Deb, thank you for your answer. Now I remember why I upgraded: I have Big Sur. Why I want to go back to version 9? Because it would be easier? And also, many document files are missing even after repairing and also all the photo vignettes are gone. Since I have no choice, I'll work on it and get back to the forum...
        Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to go back to using Reunion 9. (I.e., you would need to restore your previous macOS and the files associated with it along with Reunion and other apps that were used in conjunction with it.) It is most likely much easier to fix the broken image links and move forward.

My recommendation in moving forward would be to locate the missing images on your Mac (and/or in a backup made prior to your macOS upgrade) and move them all into one folder on your Mac: Users/<home>/Pictures/Reunion Pictures. Then, try the Multimedia Repair and go from that point. (As long as the file names remained the same, Reunion should see them and repair the link.)

The file names of missing items are shown in red in the Multimedia Usage Report window. (This report can be printed if you'd like. This is done by clicking the "share" button at the bottom of the report and opening it in your word processor. Finally, print it from there.) Try searching your Mac or a backup drive for a missing item. If multiple missing items are in the same location, you may do one of the following...

(1) Grab all of them and drag them into the location suggested above.

(2) Change the location where Reunion should look for those items in the Multimedia Search Folders section of the Reunion > Preferences / Multimedia Preferences panel.

Then, run the Multimedia Repair again.

I hope something suggested here is helpful for you in locating and repairing the links to the missing items

But, let us know if problems do continue and we'll go from there.
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X