This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customizing Default Note Fields

In a couple person records I added general note fields with custom titles. Before that the only person record default field was for Misc Note. I transferred the notes under Misc Note to the new custom fields. I then went to Preferences and deleted all fields from the list of default note fields for person records. Now, even though I have my family view set to show notes in the couple buttons, it just shows an empty notes section. I can still go into the person record under notes and see my new custom fields with information there, but also the Misc Notes field that is still deleted in the default list in Preferences. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bowes Researcher; 10 April 2014, 09:59 AM. Reason: Clarity

Re: Customizing Default Note Fields

You'll need to customize your family view to include the new custom fields (and probably remove the misc notes field you deleted). You can make those changes in the Reunion preferences under "Family View."

Be sure to set a valid GEDCOM tag on the note fields you created. You should also know that some other genealogy software will only import the first note linked to a record. Some of your notes could be lost in the exchange.
    Last edited by bsayer; 12 April 2014, 08:47 AM. Reason: Added additional info about GEDCOM and note fields.
    ----Ben Sayer
    GenealogyTools.com

Comment

Re: Customizing Default Note Fields

Actually, I had made the changes there already but they don't reflect properly in the database. But you did help me discover Smart Lists :-) thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X