X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering siblings without parents

Hi-

I'm new to Reunion and I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but I was unsuccessful in finding an answer in the previous threads. :-)

Is there a way to add siblings to an individual when you don't know the parents? I have a list of a number of siblings and their birth dates for one of my GGGgrandmothers (written in the diary of her daughter), but I don't know the names of their parents. I'd like to attach the siblings to my direct ancestor as I am using their names and birthdays to search for their parents (and there are 12 of them). I haven't seen a way to enter siblings except as additional children when you have the parents names, but since I don't know their names yet, I can't do it that way.

Thank you for any assistance!!!

Re: Entering siblings without parents

Originally posted by Dorie View Post
    Is there a way to add siblings to an individual when you don't know the parents?
    I usually just add a father named [?] and attach the children/siblings to him. When more details are found, you can add them.

You could also add a similarly named mother. For example, if I know two siblings were sons of the same father, John Smith, and different mothers, I might call one of the mothers [first wife of John Smith] and the other mother [second wife of John Smith].
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Entering siblings without parents

Thank you for your suggestion! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X