This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a tree on an html web page

I am new to using the program Reunion. I need to make a change to a family tree that's in gif form and was created in Reunion 8. I didn't see a way that you could export a family tree created in Reunion 10 as a gif. Any help or comments much appreciated.

Re: Putting a tree on an html web page

The GIF format has pretty much been superseded by the PNG format and isn't supported in a lot of Mac apps, including the Reunion export. If you save your chart as a graphic file in Reunion and pick one of the available formats, you should be able to convert it to GIF in another application such as Photoshop Elements or Graphic Converter.

After you create the family tree from Reunion's Chart View, you can export it as a PDF, PNG, JPG, or TIFF by selecting File->Save as Graphic File in the chart editor.
    Last edited by ttl; 08 March 2014, 05:59 PM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Hi ttl,

Thanks for your reply.

I also have the tree file in jpg format. I want to open it in reunion 10 and make changes. Reunion 10 doesn't want to open these formats. It seems to save its files in its own format (I forget the extension). Old files created in reunion 8 are supposed to be editable in reunion 10.

s mclaughlin

Comment

GIF and JPG are not directly editable in regards to changing vital statistics and such. If you have the the Reunion 8 .boxchart files, you will be able to change those in Reunion, but your best bet may be to simply regenerate them from scratch... this is probably easier than changing an existing chart unless a lot of work was done to customize it and you want to preserve that work.
        Last edited by ttl; 15 March 2014, 01:29 PM.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X