This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I create a report on my iPad

My hard drive crashed. Most of my Reunion files were retrieved except for the most important and biggest. I had synced it with my iPad and iPhone so it is not totally lost. Is there any way I can send it as a report or GEDCOM to myself so I can put the file onto my iMac?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion on how to transfer the missing file some other way short of re-entering years of data?

Thanks

Re: Can I create a report on my iPad

Originally posted by esteinberg View Post
    My hard drive crashed. Most of my Reunion files were retrieved except for the most important and biggest. I had synced it with my iPad and iPhone so it is not totally lost. Is there any way I can send it as a report or GEDCOM to myself so I can put the file onto my iMac?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion on how to transfer the missing file some other way short of re-entering years of data?

Thanks
    I'm new to Reunion on the iPad, but from what I've seen so far it MAY be possible to create an empty file with the identical name in Reunion on your iMac, and try syncing the iPad file with it.

This suggestion comes without warranty of any kind. Perhaps Mark could comment on it? Would it work? Or does the iMac file HAVE to be the one from which the iPad file was created in the first place?

Comment

Re: Can I create a report on my iPad

Originally posted by John Hill View Post
      I'm new to Reunion on the iPad, but from what I've seen so far it MAY be possible to create an empty file with the identical name in Reunion on your iMac, and try syncing the iPad file with it.
      This likely won't work -- since only changes are synced, you would (at best) end up with a file of just what was changed on the iPad since the last upload. More likely nothing would sync since the files don't match up.

However, there is a way that we can usually create a Family File from the file that's on the iPad, but it will require sending the file to us:

1 - Open any family file in Reunion 10 and choose File -> Mobile Device -> Get Changes from Device...

2 - Put Reunion on the iPad into Sync mode.

3 - In the Get Changes window, select your family file and drag it out to the Desktop.

4 - Two files will be downloaded to the Desktop.

Note: If the download freezes, click once in the download progress window.

Send us the touchcards file that gets downloaded, you can delete the reunionsync file. Note that any sources not uploaded to the iPad will be lost, and any links to images/other multimedia will also be lost.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X