This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export includes Clipboard people

I have just discovered that when I export a GEDCOM file it includes all the people in the Reunion Clipboard as part of the export.

I use the clipboard to correct both bad links and possible bad entries that I don't want to delete from the family file until further investigation. I don't want these to be exported, yet there seems to be no easy way to exclude them. The Clipboard panel doesn't give an option for marking or unmarking entries. The only workaround that I can see is to find each of the clipboard entries in the People panel, unmark them there, and make sure that only marked entries are exported. This is very time consuming except for a small number of entries, and has to be repeated at each export.

Am I missing something?

Re: Export includes Clipboard people

Hmmm I wonder if what you are seeing depends on where you drag the person from and to whom he/she is linked (to parents, to spouse(s), or to both).

If the person is linked BOTH to parents and to a spouse (or to multiple spouses), then I think you will need to break all these links by dragging the person from each family card before the person will disappear from the new gedcom.

If the person is linked in only one place, to parents OR to a single spouse, then the person dragged to the clipboard does not appear in the new gedcom.

I'm just guessing here but this seems to be the case for a couple of quick tests.
    Byron Spoon

Comment

Working...
    X