This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to bring reunion file from old Mac to new Mac

I have Reunion is on an old Mac. I backed up my computer to time machine and can't figure out how to retrieve my family file from reunion 10 info to put it on the new Mac.

How is it saved in time machine. I don't see a folder for it in the time machine back up. I only see the sample pictures that came with reunion.

I did not want everything from the old Mac on the new Mac. So I entered the new items on the new Mac individually.

How do I find my family file in my time machine back up? Or is there another way to get my family file to the new mac?

Re: How to bring reunion file from old Mac to new Mac

See your other thread. The question is answered there.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: How to bring reunion file from old Mac to new Mac

Originally posted by rdbanks View Post
      I have Reunion is on an old Mac. I backed up my computer to time machine and can't figure out how to retrieve my family file from reunion 10 info to put it on the new Mac.

How is it saved in time machine. I don't see a folder for it in the time machine back up. I only see the sample pictures that came with reunion.

I did not want everything from the old Mac on the new Mac. So I entered the new items on the new Mac individually.

How do I find my family file in my time machine back up? Or is there another way to get my family file to the new mac?
      A little over a year ago, I moved from 10.4.11 to 10.8.1 and it was an enormous headache. For starters, the Migration Assistant didn't work because of the huge differences in the Operating Systems. I ended up moving files with a stick. In the case of Reunion, all of your Reunion files should be in the Documents folder as Reunion Files. Copy that entire folder on your old Mac to a stick and then transfer it to your new Mac. Delete duplicate files on your new Mac in the Reunion Files folder, if any, before transferring the old files, though, so that you don't get things mixed up. I have no experience with Time Machine - just go to your old hard drive and copy and paste from it to the new one.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X