This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selective Problems with Synching R10 to iPad

I have several files that I used to sync with my iPad2.

One of the files, the biggest with 145,000 names stopped synching half way through. The file on my pad was 180 MB, now, that file only freezes at 33MB and is useless. The other files are transferred properly.

I tested with fewer marked names, with and without photos etc...I still have a frozen progress bar below 60%. I tried a direct - exclusive network between my MacBookPro and iPad but no success either.

I feared that my file was corrupted so I saved a copy and re-indexed everything including the multi media. No better results either.

Alain
    Alain Farhi
    http://www.farhi.org

Re: Selective Problems with Synching R10 to iPad

Originally posted by AlainFarhi View Post
    I have several files that I used to sync with my iPad2.

One of the files, the biggest with 145,000 names stopped synching half way through. The file on my pad was 180 MB, now, that file only freezes at 33MB and is useless. The other files are transferred properly.

I tested with fewer marked names, with and without photos etc...I still have a frozen progress bar below 60%. I tried a direct - exclusive network between my MacBookPro and iPad but no success either.

I feared that my file was corrupted so I saved a copy and re-indexed everything including the multi media. No better results either.

Alain
    Thanks to Mark Harrison (of Help Desk) for checking my file and determining that it did sync with his iPad.

Having read that the synching issue was related to the iPad and IOS 7+, I rebooted my iPad and the sync worked.

Quick conclusion: shut down your iPad, restart and sync.

Alain
    Last edited by Deb; 03 February 2014, 01:28 PM.
    Alain Farhi
    http://www.farhi.org

Comment

Re: Selective Problems with Synching R10 to iPad

I have been holding "iDevice Workshops" in my retirement community. My advice on hung or contrary apps actually takes two steps.

First, try quitting the app. Under iOS7, double click the home button and slide right until you find the app in question. Swipe its icon up so that it disappears. This is the equivalent of Command Q on your Mac. About 90% of the time, this will resolve your problem.

If quitting the app doesn't work, quit the app a second time then reboot the iDevice. This quitting plus a restart will resolve most of the remaining 10%.

If these actions did not solve the problem, you need to consult with maker of the software.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
      X