This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find and Replace in Places

I have lots of Places like "Michigan, United States". No amount of trying to get Find and Replace to remove ", United States" and replace it with nothing has any effect.

Has anyone else found this? Is there a way round it?

Re: Find and Replace in Places

Originally posted by Barnbarroch View Post
    I have lots of Places like "Michigan, United States". No amount of trying to get Find and Replace to remove ", United States" and replace it with nothing has any effect.

Has anyone else found this? Is there a way round it?
    I just tried this out on the sample familyfile. It seemed to work OK for me. But I did notice that a warning box came up saying that it would not affect sources - so it could be something to do with where that place name is stored.

If you click the question mark bottom left in the Find and Replace box, then scroll down in the help file, it tells you about changing source files.

Comment

Re: Find and Replace in Places

Thanks, Steve. No, it's my mistake. I found it had changed the fields in the person records - but to get the Places sidebar to show correctly, I had to rebuild the caches. Now it's fine.

I had just done a lot of work on places and I suppose the sideboard list just got lost and couldn't keep up! Or something. Is that how computers work?

Anyway, it's fine now!

Jamie.

Comment

Working...
      X