This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Pedigree Charts

I like the look of the Pedigree Chart and many people like to have a hard copy of them. But it is difficult to print them.

I can print a one page chart with 7 or less generations on one page . But if I want to print several pages to accommodate all my ancestors, the text and little ovals overlap and half of it is one page and half on another. Is here any way to print individual pages that do not have overlapping data? It's OK for viewing on the computer or an LED, but not for hard copies.

Re: Printing Pedigree Charts

Originally posted by Philip Drugge View Post
    ...if I want to print several pages to accommodate all my ancestors, the text and little ovals overlap and half of it is one page and half on another.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're getting when you print your chart, but I think you should try this: once you've generated your chart, go to the "Tree" menu and select "Move Boxes Off Page Breaks" and see if it takes care of the problem.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

I like the look of the Pedigree Chart... But it is difficult to print them.
      Also you might consider printing a Cascading Pedigree (with 4 or 5 generations per page, but in a very uniform format that prints well).
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Hi Dennis,

I'm not sure how much you helped me, but it was a lot!! I managed to follow your directions and then I think I have progressed from there. Found all kinds of neat stuff of which I was unaware.

Thanks very much.

Merry Christmas,

Phil

P.S. In the words of Arnold, "I'll be back"!

Comment

Merry Christmas,

P.S. In the words of Arnold, "I'll be back"!
          Merry Christmas
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
          X