This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add URL to Reunion pages

Can I add a Url to a website in Reunion. I'd laiek to add some links to places, etc. These links would be of interest to other family members who might see this data.

Re: Add URL to Reunion pages

Originally posted by Philip Drugge View Post
    Can I add a Url to a website in Reunion. I'd like to add some links to places, etc. These links would be of interest to other family members who might see this data.
    Others may weigh in and correct me, but I only know of two ways to do this. The first way is to add a URL in the URL field in the source record for the person. The other way is to type in the URL in the Notes section. Highlighting that URL and then right-clicking will give you the option to "Open URL". There may be other ways - perhaps a more-experienced user will comment.

I hope this helps!

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

I'm going to try that right now.

Phil

Comment

Hi,

That's perfect. I made it a link and it comes right up. Thank you very much!

Phil

Comment

Philip...did you do the URL in a source or a note?
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Hi,

I typed the URL into Notes, but it wasn't active. I went to Add Source, (in Notes), New Source, and then Website. A little form comes up and after filling it in, the URL became active.

Works fine.

There may be other ways, but this works for now.

Comment

Hi,

I typed the URL into Notes, but it wasn't active. I went to Add Source, (in Notes), New Source, and then Website. A little form comes up and after filling it in, the URL became active.

Works fine.

There may be other ways, but this works for now.
              I have a mouse that I can right-click with - it isn't an Apple mouse - it's from Macally. If you type in a URL in the note field and then highlight it, right-clicking with this mouse gives you an option to "Open URL". I don't think this would work with the touchpad - I have no familiarity with that gadget.

Comment

Right clicking and control clicking are exactly the same thing. (And, Jeff, all modern Apple mice are right clickable; even better they can be reversed.) With any Mac laptop, hold down any part of the click bar and press the control key to get the contextual menu. If you have an old single side Apple mouse, hold the front end down and press the control key.

That being said, as a 27 year user of Macs, I will state for the record that Apple has never ever made a decent mouse. I have tried each new iteration and haven't changed my mind. They had no right click for a very long time. When they started, they did it stupidly by not making it two buttons. Also, while I have large hands, I find their mice to be too long. The "magic mouse" is nearly 4
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I don't know how many years ago it was, but we had an Apple IIe way back when and I've gone up the line steadily ever since.

What is the "Click bar"?

Comment

......What is the "Click bar"?
                    The part of the trackpad closest to you that you do your clicking with.
                    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Makes me feel quite contented with my two button, scroll wheel cheap Logitech mouse attached to my iMac :-)
                      Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

I have used a Kensington Orbit Optical (laser) Trackball for many years. Good for hand ergonomics, two programable buttons, only needs the space taken up by the unit, doesn't need a mouse pad and it's only $29.99.

Just bought a new one. Last one lasted at least 5 years, or more!
                        Kaye Mushalik
                        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
                        X