Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce

OS10.9.5 with Reunion 11.0.12
    Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. My son was married for about a year and is now officially divorced.
    I have both the marriage date and divorce date loaded along with the status "divorced".
    When printing certain charts, his "ex" still shows as his spouse.
    Other then simply adding her/dates in comments, is there a way to have her not show up as his current spouse in charts?

I think you have to create another "family" for your son, by creating an empty spouse. Make this spouse the "preferred" spouse, so it will be the one displayed. The Ex will still be available, under a little yellow (?) diamond near his name.

Comment

Missing the point...He's divorced and not remarried...so his marital status is "single". When printing charts, his ex is still showing as his spouse. To me, if your status is divorced, charts shouldn't be showing a spouse.
      I did figure out that once the program creates the charts, you can edit the chart before printing, but that's an extra step for something that you shouldn't have to do.
      Last edited by ekrider; 26 April 2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

ekrider: You are missing a rather large point. Genealogy is not a picture of present status. It is a composite of a person's entire lifetime. Many charts show both the marriage and divorce dates by default. Have you checked your Reunion preferences to see if you unchecked display of divorce? P.S. I have zero problem with the idea of just deleting the ex-spouse of the chart if you don't want the information seen by whoever you are presenting the chart to. I might have done that!
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Bob, that is exactly my point.. I don't want to "cheat" the program by starting a new fake family, but legitimately, when you're divorced, you are then single, and no longer have a spouse. I do want to keep his ex in my records for the exact reason you state, it's his history for anyone coming behind me to further my data, but CURRENTLY he is single, and the program should show it that way once the divorce is declared. If there is a pref for "display divorce" I certainly don't see it. Please advise.
          If there were grandchildren involved, etc, then certainly she would be a more important part of his "family tree", but there are no offspring. She is not a branch in the tree, but more of a leaf. (LOL).

Comment

Originally posted by ekrider View Post
            If there is a pref for "display divorce" I certainly don't see it. Please advise.
            Go to:

Charts / [the type of chart you want]

And select Define Layouts from the Layout menu found there. In the drop-down that opens, select Family Fields in the list of Settings at center, then check Divorce in the list on the right.

Alternatively, you could edit the box after the chart is created to delete her information -- simply double-click on the box to edit the text in the box.

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Here is an example using my parents ......

2020-05-05_10-15-56.png
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X